Land of the Forgiven – Gjógv, Faroe Islands

Another shot taken from my recent trip in the beautiful Faroe Islands. One thing that one must learn when visiting such a place, is to be able to adapt quickly to the ever changing weather conditions. There is a saying that both icelandic and Faroese people have adopted and it goes like this….” If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it will change” having visited both countries I can honest say that there is definite truth to that saying. Here I had to adapt to windy and rainy conditions in order to capture this shot. Constantly having to wipe raindrops from my lens and large filters while making sure my light Gitzo tripod wouldn’t tip over because of the strong winds made capturing this shot very challenging. I have several shot that I had to get rid of because of that but very happy to have managed to capture this one.

Tech Spec: Canon 5D MK II, Nikon 14-24 F2.8, F18, 3sec, LEE SW150 Filter Holder, 0.9 (3 Stop) Soft ND Grad, Cavision 6×6 Linear Glass Polarizer and a lot of patience.

Bob Jette - July 6, 2012 - 8:59 pm

Keep them coming Patrick, I travel the world through your photography……They’re all so real and inviting, makes me realize that this old planet of ours has a lot of beauty left. Thank you!

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 7, 2012 - 4:32 am

Thanks so much Bob for your wonderful comment and constant support. This truly means a lot to me

Jerry Brittingham - July 9, 2012 - 1:55 pm

I love your gift of sight and creative appreciation. You are very gifted, I’m sure you know that, but I pray you never get tired of people appreciating your “eye tough” of life’s beauty.

Mike Hinshaw - July 9, 2012 - 3:21 pm

You have an amazing talent young man. I subscribed via Google+ and Facebook, but cannot locate an avenue to receive email notifications. I am not the most advanced wizrd in tecnology so can you let me know if this function exists. Thank you for sharing your photography!

Mike Hinshaw - July 9, 2012 - 3:22 pm

You have an amazing talent young man. I subscribed via Google+ and Facebook, but cannot locate an avenue to receive email notifications. I am not the most advanced wizard in technology so can you let me know if this function exists. Thank you for sharing your photography!

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 9, 2012 - 6:06 pm

Thank you so much Jerry for your comment, people appreciating my work and taking the time to write me beautiful messages like you did is literally fuel for my passion. Like all artists there is time of doubts but you keep me in line and focused. I will always be grateful :)

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 9, 2012 - 6:08 pm

Hi Mike, thank you very much for your comment, really means a lot. You know what, you just made me realize that I don’t have my RSS (email notification) set up anywhere. Will work on that today and let you know as soon It’s done. Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention.

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 9, 2012 - 6:48 pm

Hi Mike..Done..Check on the top menu you will see where to subscribe by email http://natureismykingdom.com/ Please note you will be redirected to a page to enter the code provided in order to eliminate spam, then confirm your subscription by clicking on the link provided in an email and you are all set :) Let em know if you are having troubles with any of this..Pretty straight forward :) Have a great day!!

Mike Hinshaw - July 10, 2012 - 11:18 pm

Patrick. I did the email thing. Hopefully you will get more “followers” with this addition. Just keep sharing your great photography!!!

Frederick H Claflin - July 11, 2012 - 12:28 am

Nice image Patrick….I thought it interesting that you used a Cavision 6×6 Linear Glass Polarizer. I have used it for large format but not digital, maybe because of the bubble in front of your Nikon wide angle. My digital is also the 5D MK II and between you and Adamus I am leaning to get that 14-24, looks like it has a huge sweet spot.

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 11, 2012 - 3:15 am

Hi Fred, You will love it..and yes that is why I used the Cavision 6×6 , only polarizer that I found that would work with the 14-24

Cindy Aasland - July 16, 2012 - 2:59 am

I really like this beautiful picture. It feels like I am there!

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 16, 2012 - 11:18 pm

Ric Samanion - July 17, 2012 - 2:37 pm

do you have a tutorial video on your amazing works? thanks

Patrick Di Fruscia - July 20, 2012 - 1:30 pm

Hi Ric
I do not currently have tutorial videos but I do offer One on One Skype consultations if interested . You can read more about them here: http://natureismykingdom.com/workshops/

Lene Kristin Grebstad - July 25, 2012 - 10:27 am

A beautiful picture! I really like your photographing :D I like to photograph the nature and architecture, but I’m not half as good as you are. I hope that one day I will be so great like you :) you are one of the photographers that inspire me! Keep up the good work.

Patrick Di Fruscia - August 1, 2012 - 4:06 am

Thank you Lene, I am sure you will attain your goal in no time..Just keep working hard at it..If you are passionate, it will happen ;)

Michael J. Flaherty - September 19, 2012 - 8:42 pm

Awesome image & I really like the way it’s framed on your page. I’m impressed not only by your photography but by how beautiful your site is. Really wish I could afford that 14-24; it’s been on my wish list for quite some time.

Anonymous - October 12, 2012 - 11:20 am

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your amazing photos with us… A technical question: why have u used a Linear Polarizer instead of a circular one?

Patrick Di Fruscia - January 17, 2013 - 4:19 am

Pretty simple, Because I couldn’t find a circular polarizer that would fit on the Nikon 14-24 Lens ;)

Stefaan Van der Donck - April 12, 2013 - 4:59 pm

Superb shot, the Faroe Islands looks like a wonderfull place for photography, thanks for sharing Patrick!

F o l l o w   o n   S o c i a l   M e d i a s
UA-33195167-1